When purchasing something - remember to check if you can get a student discount!
At SSN and all other student welfare organisations in Norway, you will of course receive student prices for services. Check out the visiting arrangment among the Norwegian student welfare organisations.
You should also make it a habit to check if you can get a student discount every time you enter into an agreement or buy a product or service.
The Student Sørøst app obviously has some nice benefits for you as a student:
The coffee card! Save NOK 70 per card (NOK 110 for 12 cups of coffee).
The book card! Get a 50% discount * on every fifth textbook you buy in Brage Bookstore.
Student bonus! Get cashback on the food you buy in the canteen.
The barista card! Get every eighth barista coffee for free in SSN's coffee shops.
Coupons! Watch out for for discount coupons/vouchers, or even FREE food, drink or stuff🤗
* The discount does not apply to new Norwegian books in accordance with the book agreement. The discount does not apply to package offers (curriculum packages are already discounted). Books on sale are included in the Book Card, but must cost more than 150,- and not be tied to a fixed price. Maximum discount NOK 400.
This information is taken from HelseNorge:
When you are between 19 and 24 years old in the year of treatment, you should contact the public dental service. You may be entitled to cheaper dental treatment, regardless of when you were born.
If you turn 19 or 20 in the year of treatment and go to the public dental health service, you must pay 25 per cent of the costs yourself. The public sector covers the remaining 75 per cent according to tariffs set by the Ministry of Health and Care Services.
Young adults are entitled to an extended county dental health programme from the year they turn 21 up to and including the year they turn 24. This offer means that they pay 25 per cent according to tariffs set by the Ministry of Health and Care Services.
(Read more about the scheme in Circular I-2/2023 Extended county dental health service in 2023 - regjeringen.no).
Norway only subsidises glasses for children under the age of 18. If you have an eye disease or condition that is not common and can be documented, you can apply to NAV for support for glasses or lenses. Talk to your optician if this applies to you.
Otherwise, most opticians offer a student discount. Large chains such as Synsam and Brilleland have fixed discounts, but ask your optician for a discount - because glasses and contact lenses are expensive, so there is money to be saved here!
Students at USN who report moving to Midt-Telemark Municipality can get a bicycle gift card worth up to NOK 4000,-
Read more about the bicycle campaign at Midt-Telemark Municipality (the campaign runs until February 1, 2024).
See a wide range of local student discounts in Bø at Sentrumsringen i Bø on Facebook (get discounts on everything from shoes to restaurants).
Report your move and receive NOK 7,000 from the municipality!
The programme is new in summer 2023! The application period opens in mid-August and closes on 15 October. The requirements include a relocation notification from the Norwegian Tax Administration with a residential address in Drammen, paid semester fees and presentation of a study certificate. You must also have completed an academic year in Drammen and have lived in Drammen since before 1 July.
Every year from August 1 to November 1, students at USN Campus Rauland can receive a gift card if they report a move to Vinje Municipality.
Students who report a move to Vinje during the campaign period will receive either a gift card for the purchase of a bicycle and helmet worth NOK 7,000 or a grant of NOK 7,000 for the purchase of a computer for use in their education.
For students at USN Campus Vestfold and Fagskolen i Vestfold, Horten municipality offers a free bus pass when you report your move to Horten! Read more about free annual bus passes here.
NB! The offer does not apply to exchange students.
Check out the Student Card - which has collected student discounts in over 180 stores!
Go to Studenttorget to see student discounts, offers and deals throughout Norway.
The Student package also has an overview of student discounts, and they have an app where exclusive discounts appear.
And hey - don't forget that you can apply to us to get money you've spent on doctors, dentists, physiotherapy etc back! Save on receipts and send them to us together with your application!More about expence refund