About the buildings:
Campus Kjølnes student accommodation consists of eight houses and a technical building. There are 103 units:
- 82 single units with private kitchen and bathroom
- 14 single units with private kitchen and bathroom, as well as a loft room
- One HC accessible one-bedroom apartment.
- Two one-bedroom apartments.
- One one-bedroom apartment with a loft room.
- Three two-bedroom apartments.
- There are HC accessible single units in each house.
When you click on the "units in the building" in the list below each building, you will see which furniture is included with this unit.
- +Fire safety
Take a minute and read about fire safety and the fire alarm system at Campus Kjølnes student accommodation.
- +Electricity and energy
Electricity is included in the rent.
The buildings meets the requirements for low energy housing and is connected to central heating. Heating and hot water are provided from the central heating. The buildings have sedum rooftops (green rooftops) that contributes to reduce the use of energy by isolating during winter time and cool down during summer time.
Click the buildings and units for an overview of furnishings/equipment. You will have to bring your own duvet, pillow, bedding and kitchen utensils, in addition to cleaning equipment and a vacuum cleaner. You are not allowed to remove furniture from the unit, but you are allowed to bring additional furniture if there is space.
All units have Internet access. Free internet connection is only offered to students at USN.
Campus Kjølnes is right next to the University.
- +Outdoor area
Campus Kjølnes has attractive outdoor areas. Feel free to use any outdoor furniture.
Parking is free of charge at the marked parking lot closest to the student housing, but you need a parking permit from SSN that states your affiliation to Campus Kjølnes. Permission is received by contacting SSN´s Service Office. Please give your name, where you live, type of car and the cars licence plate in the e-mail.
The parking lot closest to the student housing counts 22 SSN-marked parking spaces, where one is reserved for HC-user and two for EL-car (not free of charge). If you wish to rent space for your electric car, you may apply via My Page, and space is assigned after the "first come, first served"-principle.
The remaining parking spaces belongs to Porsgrunn High School (PVS), and parking on these spaces could cause fines by PVS's rates.
You may also park your car at USN's parking lots at Campus Porsgrunn, if no space is available close to the student housing. Remember to register at USN link when parking at USN's parking lots.
There is bicycle parking in a private locked room. We encourage you to bring a private bicycle lock and lock your bike.
- +Shared laundry room
The shared laundry room is located in the technical building, and use of the washing machine and tumble drier is free. The three- and two-bedroom apartments with lofts have private washing machines.
There is a separate building with storage rooms for each unit.
- +Waste disposal
Underground waste containers are placed in front of building no. 50. Remember to recycle!
- Floorplan number 50-UU+singelroomPDF document, version 1.4, 0.35 MB
- Floorplan number 52-62PDF document, version 1.4, 0.35 MB
- Floorplan number 64-FamilyhousePDF document, version 1.4, 0.32 MB
- Laundry and storingnumberPDF document, version 1.4, 0.21 MB
- Outdooplan with adresses and parkingPDF document, version 1.4, 0.25 MB
- Overview storingroomsPDF document, version 1.5, 0.04 MB