We are gathering all of our most asked questions in this article. Please send your question to [email protected] if your question is not answered here.
+ Can I change the e-mail address on my user account in the Student Sørøst-app?
Sorry, you are currently unable to change the email address associated with your user account yourself.
If you need to change your e-mail address, you can contact SSN Service by e-mail, and we will help you. Remember to include both your old and new e-mail address in your message to us :)
+ Can I use my Feide-account to log in to Student Sørøst?
No, as of today this is not possible. You can use the same e-mail address as in your Feide account when you create a new user in Student Sørøst, but it will not be linked to your Feide account.
If, on the other hand, you already have SSN's My page, you can use the same user account in the app!
+ How do I buy a Coffee Card in the app?
You can buy a coffee card like this:
- Go to Food and Drink and "Kjøp kaffekort" (Buy coffee cards). The app now takes you to the "nettbutikk" (online store).
- Select "Klippekort Kaffe" (NOK 100) and Add.
- Select "Til betaling" (Payment). You can either pay yourself, or ask someone else to pay for you!
- If you want to ask someone else to pay for you, enter the phone number of the person you want to send the request to (eg mom, dad or a friend who owes you money!). Write a message and leave your own mobile number as well. Press Send SMS. Wait for the person to pay.
- Pay for the Coffee Card yourself by choosing Vipps or card payment.
- When the purchase is completed, the Coffee Card will appear under the QR code icon in your app (in the middle of the menu bar at the bottom). It may take some time before the Coffee card is displayed in the app, have a little patience.
NOTE! We recommend that you buy the Coffee Card well in advance before you intend to use it for the first time.
We are also very grateful if you remember to have the app and your QR code ready BEFORE you arrive at the checkout (to have the QR code scanned and use one clip). This to help us avoid queuing at the checkout :)
+ How do I create a new user account in the Student Sørøst-app?
- Enter the email address you want to use. Register your personal information to create your user account. You will then receive an email to your registered e-mail address. Here you are told to set a password and can then log in to Student Sørøst.
- If you rent student housing or have applied for a health refund from SSN, you already have a user account on SSN's My page, and you can also log in with this in the app.
We recommend that you use your My Page user if you have one, rather than creating a new user account.
+ How do I set student status in the app?
If your student status is not approved in the app, we ask you to check that you can say yes to the following:
- You are a student at USN.
- You have paid your semester fee.
- You have selected the customer type Student USN under your Profile Settings.
- You have added your mobile phone number under Profile settings (this should be the same number that you are registered with at USN).
If you still have not been approved student status on My profile in the app, please contact us at [email protected] and attach a picture of your student ID, and we will help you!
+ How do I use my cash points?
Student bonus (cash points) can be used on whatever you want in SSN's 13 canteens and cafés.
There is no upper or lower limit on which purchases provide cashback. Your bonus is available immediately after the completed purchase, and can be used from the next purchase as long as it has exceeded NOK 1. You also receive cashback on purchases that are paid in full or in part with bonus kroner.
How to use cash points at checkout:
Scan your QR code and enter the food you are going to buy. If you have saved up more than NOK 1, - you will automatically get a choice at checkout, if you want to use Student Bonus. Confirm and your Student Bonus will be deducted from the amount you pay. Pay the remaining amount as usual (if there is any).
+ I have registered as a new user in the app, but I´m sent back to login before I have gotten to set my password. What to do?
Check the inbox of the email address you used when you registered. You should find an e-mail where you can set a password, so that you can log in.
+ I'm trying to identify myself with my student number and USN-address in Student Sørøst, but it does not work?
No, unfortunately this does not work. If you already have a user account on SSN's My page (something you probably have if you are a resident, have applied for student housing, have submitted an application for a health reimbursement or have children in kindergarten at SSN), you can log in with this. Otherwise you have to create a new account, but you can create this with your USN address :) Unfortunately, the Student Southeast app does not have a link to your student number or USN account as of today.
We are working to fix this :)
+ Is the app accessible to the visually impaired or blind?
We are working to make the app universally designed and strongly regret that it is not at the moment.
+ Is the app available in all countries, as well as outside Norway?
Yes, Student Sørøst is available in all countries on both Google Play Store and App Store. From 23 September 2021 it is also available in France!
Student Sørøst is available in two languages, Norwegian and English.
+ The app froze when I opened a microservice, what to do?
Unfortunately, this is a bug that can occur when many systems need to sync with each other. If you find that the app freezes or hangs, try the following:
- Try closing the app and restarting it.
- Try restarting your phone.
- Force termination of the app: On iPhone or on Android.
If the problem persists, please contact us: [email protected]!
+ Update the Student Sørøst-app
Technical error is fixed
Have you tried to download the app and create a user account, have you been forced to create a new user account or are you constantly being thrown out of the app?
Unfortunately, we have had a technical error that has affected some users over the last days.
Now the issues related to this have been resolved and we hope you will try to update the app and login again:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app. You can see this under the info icon in the top left corner of the home screen, and "About the app". The correct version is 1.01.13.* How to update apps on your phone.
- Log in and out again in the Student Sørøst app. Create a user account if you are missing this.
- Make sure that the changes you have made to your profile in the last few days are there (such as adding a phone number).
- Feel free to use the opportunity to get your student status approved, which is the key to getting gift cards, coupons and discounts in the app.
- Is your coffee card gone? Send us an e-mail to [email protected] and we will help you. Remember to attach the email address that you are using at your account in the app.
Other questions about the app? Check out our frequently asked questions about Student Sørøst.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
Update Android apps manually:
If you have had trouble with the app Student Sørøst during Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday this week, we now ask you to read this!
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device. Apps with an update available are labeled "Update available." You can also search for a specific app.
- Tap Update.
+ Why do I need to register to use Student Sørøst?
There are several reasons why you must be logged in to use Student Sørøst. Some of them are:
- For the communication and services to you to be relevant.
- To be able to use the Food and Drink services in the app, such as student bonus and coffee cards.
- So that we can answer you on support issues.
You can read more about how we use and protect your personal information in SSN's Privacy Statement.