The following is stated in the allocation criteria (PDF 424 kB):
Section 6. Length of the tenancy agreement
6.3. SSN operates with a notice period of three months from the 1st of the following month.
Special rules apply for those allocated accommodation prior to being admitted to study and then not being given a place. Tenancy agreements signed from 1 August , can then be cancelled by sending written notice to SSN's housing division or on My Page by 31 July.
The following is stated in your tenancy agreement:
Section 4 Duration of tenancy
- The tenancy agreement duration is specified in section 1 of the tenancy agreement.
- The tenant is obliged either to apply for re-allocation with a new contract, or give notice that he/she will vacate the premises three months before the contract expires.
- During the agreement period, the tenancy may be terminated by the tenant with three months' notice calculated from the final day of the month.
- Termination of an agreement must be registered via My page. The tenant's new address must be specified in the notice text.
- If the tenant dies, both the estate of the deceased person and the landlord have the right to terminate the contract within legal deadlines cf. Tenancy Act section 9-10.
Section 16 Moving out
- When the tenancy period expires, the tenant shall hand over the rented object to the owner with all fixtures and storage areas in the same conditions as when the tenant moved in (with due allowance made for ordinary wear and tear or any defects for which the owner is responsible).
- On the day the agreement is terminated, the tenant shall vacate the premises and hand in the key to the owner before 09.00. lf the date for moving out falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday, the tenant must deliver the keys in our dropbox located at campus. The rented object will be inspected by the owner or a party authorised by the owner. lf the keys are not handed in at the agreed time, the tenant will be charged rent until the time use of the rented object is deemed to have ended.