The revue group in Drammen is fairly new, it has ambitions and it has room for many more!
Would you like to get to know more people on campus, across lines and studies? Do you want to get involved, but don't quite know what to do? Henrik Negaard is a nursing student in his second year at USN Campus Drammen, founder and head of the revue group and of course has the answer:
– Join the revue group! You don't need to have experience from either the stage in general or revue in particular, you just need to be interested and curious. We get more perspectives on things when we get a varied composition of people and that's what makes it so much fun, he says.
Henrik himself has taken part in student revues before, when he studied in Sogndal, but otherwise does not have a lot of stage experience. He started the revue group in April last year, and since then has worked to establish and get the practical things in place, such as money, logo, posters and social media accounts. Among other things, he applied to SSN for student funds, and got a good start.
– It was super to get money from SSN to start up. Now I have also applied to the Sparebankstiftelsen for funds, and I am working with the Student Association in Drammen, says Henrik, who has also been contacted by Buskerud teater, which is a support organization for amateur theatres.
– It is time consuming to work as a volunteer, but every positive thing that happens is a victory and all the contacts that are made are a way towards the goal ahead, which is that this revue group will continue to live after me when I finish my studies, says Henrik.
Do you want to apply to SSN for money for a student activity? This year's first application deadline is 15 February.
Now, however, it is time to bring in more people who want to have fun with the revue, because Henrik actually has a kind of "beta revue" in the calendar. Also coming soon:
– There will be a student revue in Drammen in March, no matter how many of us are on stage. The studio stage at Drammen Theater is booked and there is room for 180 audience members, he says quite calmly, but excitedly.
Exactly what the revue will contain is currently somewhat uncertain, but the ambition is to create a show that is relevant and up-to-date for all Drammen residents, but for students in particular.
– I don't want to be bound by traditional revue frameworks and can promise an unexpected and varied show where we will urge to surprise, tempts Henrik, who hopes that audiences will come from other USN campuses as well, not only from Drammen.
Send a DM or email if you are interested in joining (you do not have to study in Drammen, other USN students are welcome as well!):
Facebook or Instagram / [email protected]
🔔 The revue group rehearses every Tuesday afternoon from 4-6pm.
📍Papirbredden 2 on the second floor, room number 12025 (in the same building as the new student house, between Meny and Barkaden).