The purpose of the funds is to support activities targeting students. The funds are allocated to projects that promote a vital, diverse and inclusive student environment, preferably on the campus where the students are located.
Budget limits for funds shall be determined by the Board of SSN each year. These funds are distributed four times a year; two in the autumn term and two in the spring term.
The deadlines for application are:
SPRING : 15 February/15 April
Contents of an application
In order to apply for funds, activities must be organised by students and target students at educational institutions associated with SSN.
The funding application must include:
- A project description.
- An explanation of the applicant's connection to SSN.
- An explanation of how the project contributes to achieving the purpose of this support fund.
- A budget.
When applying for support funds you agree to SSN communicating your e-mail address to other applicants with similar applications, in order to share equipment.
We have a goal to contibute to a rich variety of activities, including different equipment on all campuses. To achieve this goal we need the equipment on the different campuses to be shared, so that we can focus on dividing the money at different activities.
The Support Fund does not apply to:
- Activities that appear exclusive, such as internal activities within associations / organisations, or between selected associations / organisations.
- Applications where a large part of the application sum is to be used for the association’s / organisation’s own members, such as fees / salaries or food and drink.
- Activities outside the associated campus usually receive no support. However, special events that cannot be conducted on a campus may receive funding in exceptional circumstances.
- Activities within the framework of course work / teaching, such as projects, field trips and study tours related to study programmes or courses.
- Alcohol or other drugs.
- Transportation / travel expenses.
Appeals against decisions
Any appeals against decisions must be presented in writing no later than one month after the decision has been made. Appeals may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal body is the Student Welfare Organisation’s Managing Director or the person he/she authorises to process appeals.
Funds must be repaid in full if not used in accordance with the application.
Funds will be allocated according to the degrees to which the projects fulfil the purpose of the Support Fund and according to a discretionary assessment.