In the event of acute serious illness:
Call the emergency number
If you need urgent medical help
Contact the emergency care unit
Number: 116 117
Drammen Emergency room (Norwegian site).
Medical assistance for international students in Drammen
International students may use GP services in the host municipality of Drammen. Read more about GP on Helsenorge.
How to get an appointment?
International students can get an appointment with the GP in one of three ways:
1. By contacting a GP in the city and asking for an appointment.
2. By contacting the municipality of Drammen, who will help you to find a GP who can offer a consultation.
3. If urgent medical attention is required: Contact the emergency care unit (116 117) or call 113 if it is critical.
Students from EU/EEA countries or Switzerland:
Students from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland are entitled to necessary medical attention at treatment locations associated with the public health service. Upon presentation of a European Health Insurance Card they will be charged the same amount as Norwegians pay for the same health service.
Students from countries outside the EU/EEA:
Students from countries outside the EU/EEA are not entitled to coverage for costs of medical treatment from the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and are not entitled to get their medical expences compensated. Students in this category must pay the excess/fee when using GP services in accordance with the standard tariff for patients not covered by the National Insurance scheme for each appointment/consultation.
Additional services such as taking blood samples or other medical procedures/tests are not included in this example. Students from outside the EU/EEA must pay the full cost of GP visits and seek a refund from their private travel insurance policy.
Mental health in Drammen
Emergency mental healthcare
Please note that you must have a referral from a GP, psychologist or private practitioner for appointments and treatment at DPS.
Hjelp til hjelp
Mental Health Helpline
24-hour phone: 116 123
At Helsepilotene Nemus Drammen you may get help with sore muscles and joints. This is an interdisciplinary clinic with chiropractors, physiotherapists and masseurs. They have a short waiting list and you may get an appointment immediately.
- Chiropractors are authorized health professionals with a role as primary contacts within musculoskeletal health. They have a 5-year university education and the same referral rights to the specialist health service as your GP, in addition to the right to sick leave for up to 12 weeks. A chiropractor examines and treats the entire musculoskeletal system in addition to ailments related to headaches / migraines and dizziness.
- Physiotherapists are authorized health professionals who treat and prevent injuries and diseases that cause pain or impaired function in the musculoskeletal system. The treatment is based on the assessment of the patient's problem and what the patient himself wants help with.
- Nemus' masseur uses a wide range of different massage techniques such as trigger point massage, sports massage and classic massage. These shapes are adapted to each individual's wishes.
Contact Helsepilotene Nemus Drammen:
2nd floor in CC Drammen, Tomtegata 36, 3012 Drammen.
Are you a female student and alone with kids? Forandringshuset in Drammen offers "Unique mothers".
- Open house every Wednesday from 15.00-18.00
- Free dinner from 15.30-16.30
- Childcare/quiet area from 16.30-18.00
- More information/registreration by text to Johanne: +47 997 03 420
- Address: Øvre Torggate 12, Drammen
Facebook: Forandringshuset Drammen