The purpose of the Environmental Fund is to encourage students to think creatively and strategically about environmental initiatives in their everyday life. The support can be granted for environmental and sustainability-related activities and projects, or for the establishment of green student associations.
Guidelines for applicants:
- The applicant must be a student at USN or a school affiliated with SSN. The applicant must have a valid student ID and have paid the semester fee.
- Students can apply individually or as a group/student association.
- The initiative for which support is granted must have a clear environmental perspective.
- Activities that support is being applied for must be run by students and be for students at educational institutions associated with SSN.
The support scheme is not applicable for:
- Initiatives within the framework of teaching, such as projects, excursions and study trips related to programmes of study or courses.
- Alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
The application must include:
- A description of the initiative that funding is being applied for.
- Information about the applicant's association with SSN.
- An explanation of how the initiative contributes to the realisation of the purpose of the support scheme.
- A budget for the initiative that funding is being applied for.
Appeals against decisions
Any appeals against decisions must be presented in writing no later than one month after the decision has been made. Appeals should be sent to: [email protected]. The appeals body is the Student Welfare Organisation’s managing director or the person he/she authorizes to process appeals.
Final report and assessment
When the initiative that support was applied for has been completed, the final report shall be sent to SSN. The final report should include financial information and a brief report on the completed activity/project. The report shall be submitted in reasonable time after completion. If a final report is not submitted, the fund may require that the money be refunded.
If the grant has not been used in accordance with the application, it must be refunded in full.
Application deadline and framework
The deadline for applications for the environmental fund will normally be twice a year, but until 1 March 2021 we are allocating funds on an ongoing basis.
The awards will be prioritised according to the extent to which the initiatives fulfil the purpose, according to a discretionary assessment.